Houston, TX Here We Come
HOUSTON, TX – NOVEMBER 19, 2016
The Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run is coming to your town! The Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run is the first nation-wide obstacle run created solely for children. The course is one that your kids will never forget. We put a KRAZY amount of thought into making each inflatable obstacle unique, safe and most importantly, FUN!
RACE DAY INFORMATION
All of our venues offer a different and unique running experience. For the most part, we run on grass as much as possible. Certain venues have more grass than others, but we promise to make our course all about the inflatables!
- Approximately 1.5 miles
- 11 custom “KRAZY” inflatables along the course (including Start and Finish)
- 1 water stop halfway through the course (feel free to bring water on course)
- Start and Finish lines are located next to each other in Krazy Town
- A dedicated “Parent Viewing Lane” for parents to run along side their kid(s)
Our registration process is simple and efficient, making it easy to get focused on the fun. Below is a rundown of everything related to registering your KRAZY KID(S). If you have additional questions, please visit our Customer Support Center.
HOW TO REGISTER
To get started, click on the Register Now button. From there, you will select from the available wave times you want your kid(s) to participate in. Once you have completed the registration process, you will receive a confirmation email, and your child is ready to bounce! Since everything is completed electronically, there is no need to print your confirmation email out.
ALL ACCESS PASS
Does your kid have energy to spare? If so, check out our All Access Pass registration option! With this Pass, your child will be able to:
- Run in any wave time (even if it is full!)
- Run the course multiple times
- Receive and spend a $15 on-site merchandise credit
EVENT DAY INSTRUCTIONS
Get the scoop on everything KRAZY. Where should I park? When should I arrive? What should I bring? What else is there to do besides the fun run?
- Please have your children wear appropriate clothing/footwear to get through the race. Shoes are expected to be worn on all of the inflatables and not taken off.
- All participant parking will be in dedicated lots around the area. Please follow event parking signs. Parking fees may apply depending on the event venue.
- Please note that your child will be given a color-coded wristband that corresponds with their specific wave time. Wristbands must be worn and the correct color will only be allowed in the starting line corral. All others will be turned away. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Credit card purchases will be possible for day-of registration, Krazy Kids merchandise and food & beverage in Krazy Town.
- Food and beverage will always be available during the event. Please, no outside food and beverage.
- For a $3 family military discount, please use the code: USA3 when checking out during the registration process online. If your child registers with a military discount, please bring the parent or guardian’s military ID when checking in on event day (or pre-event packet pick up when available).
WHEN TO ARRIVE ON EVENT DAY
Plan to arrive at least 60 minutes prior to your start time. This will give you time to park, check in at registration, stretch, meet up with friends & family, and get your kids ready to have a krazy good time!
HOW TO CHECK IN ON EVENT DAY
Once you are parked, head to the Registration Tent at the front of Krazy Town. You can line up in front of any table and our volunteers will get your child checked in.
- For verification purposes and in order to receive the race packets, you will need to let the volunteer know the date of birth for each child you are checking in.
- In an effort to lessen our carbon footprint, please do bring any printed materials with you, as our registration is all completed online.
WHAT’S NEXT AFTER CHECKING IN
After checking in at the registration tent, head over to our “Shirt Shop” and pick up your child’s free participant T-shirt.
- There will be various sizes to choose from that best fit your child
- Krazy Kids t-shirts can be worn during the race
PARENT “PARTICIPATION” DURING THE RUN
Parents, we didn’t forget about you! A dedicated “Parent Viewing Lane” runs alongside the participants’ running lane. It’s a great place to get pictures and watch your kids have a blast! We ask that parents:
- Do not climb on the inflatables with their kids
- Stay off of the dedicated participant running lane
- We do understand if you need to help your little ones out with a boost from time-to-time.
- We will have plenty of staff/volunteers on course to assist the kids as well!
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING ON EVENT DAY?
- Cash for parking (Specific details will be emailed out in your participant guide during the week of the event.)
- Cash for food & beverage (some food vendors do accept credit cards).
- Credit card for Krazy Kids merchandise at our General Store and for day-of registrations (if not registered yet).
- Family and friends… spectators are FREE! Make a day of it with the family or friends – there is plenty of fun activities for them to do while your kids are out on course.
WHAT SHOULD I LEAVE AT HOME?
- Bad attitude…It’s all about having fun!
- Valuables… Better safe than sorry.
- Pets are like family, we get it… but just this once, please leave Sparky at home, thanks!
- Outside beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and any food. We’ll have plenty for you and promise to keep prices budget conscious.
- Personal pop-up tents – Some of our venues are tight on space, thanks!
Want to go behind the scenes at the Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run? Here’s a chance to support our efforts to create a fantastic event! We are looking for energetic individuals and organizations to provide great customer service for our participants and spectators. All volunteers will receive:
- Customized Krazy Kids Volunteer Crew t-shirt.
- Lunch and snacks to keep you energized.
- Access to Krazy Town – full of games, music and food.
- More fun than anyone should have volunteering!
Visit our volunteer sign up page to get started!
VOLUNTEER & RAISE MONEY FOR YOUR CHARITY
Prior to each event we are looking for 2-4 dedicated volunteer groups of 10-20 adults to assist us with the following: registration, parking, monitoring the course as well as areas in Krazy Town and general event breakdown.
- For groups of 10 or more who volunteer the entire day from 7:30a – 1:00p, we will donate $50/person.
SCHOOLS AND PTA INVOLVEMENT
Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run puts the FUN back in fundraising! We are a hassle free, efficient way to give schools and PTA’s the opportunity to raise money in conjunction with a professionally coordinated event – without the stress or legwork of planning and paying for it.
KRAZY FUN-D RAISING BENEFITS
The Krazy Kids Fun Run is a great way for schools and PTA’s to use the Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run as a fundraiser. The great thing is, we make it easy for you and your students – plus you keep 100% of donations collected!
- Nothing to sell
- Nothing to distribute
- No set-up or event planning
- Best of all, your school or class keeps 100% of donations collected!
FOCUS ON FITNESS AND LIFE SKILLS
On event day, kids run the 1.5 mile course just once. But the real goal is getting your kids to be active everyday, not just on event day. By encouraging your Krazy Kids to train for the event, they are implementing long term goal strategies and well as time management. Here is where the fundraising starts. The average goal is for students to collect a pledge for every 15 minutes of outdoor exercise or “training” as they prepare to participate in the Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run.
HOW FUNDRAISING WORKS
Fundraising is as easy as encouraging every child to go outside and PLAY! Start by downloading and printing our Pledge Form. Each child will collect pledges (or flat donations) prior to the event. From there, they record their outdoor time on the pledge form leading up to the Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run. All checks are to be made out to the school or program you are fundraising on behalf. All donations are to be collected within 3 days after the event and turned into your coordinator.
EXAMPLE: If Uncle John pledges $.50 for every 15 minutes of training leading up to the event and a child logs a total of 7 hours before event day, that’s $14 just from Uncle John.
- Get 10 family members and friends to do the same and that’s $140!
- If 10 students from a class did that prior to the Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run, that’s $1,400!
- If Uncle John simply wants to donate a flat amount, that’s an option as well.
- Prior to the Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run, contact us to register your school or class. When registering your school or class, you will be asked to designate a coordinator and their contact information will be required prior to completion.
- We will provide your school or class a flat rate of $25 per student. Students can not fundraise if they are not registered and participate in the Krazy Kids Inflatable Fun Run. (Schools or PTA’s that would like to pay for an entire class or group of students to participate, is totally fine. Just let us know when you initially contact us.)
- Our staff will provide instructions on registering students at the flat $25 within 24 hours of the request (Mon-Friday from 9a – 5p)
- Start training and start securing pledges! All checks are to be made out to the school or program you are fundraising on behalf. All donations are to be collected within 3 days after the event and turned into your coordinator.
Didn’t have a chance to read and sign the participant waiver during the registration process? Below is a link to download it: